Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sad news

I will be out of town for the next few days. My grandmother passed away yesterday. It was my dad's mom, not the one who lives with my parents. She has been very ill for a very long time and was in her 80's. So it wasn't totally unexpected. I will be traveling to Pensacola, Florida with my sister and her family and my mom. Please pray for us to have a safe trip, and for everything to go well with splitcat who will be home with all my kids. The plan right now is to be back thursday night.

This is somewhat hard because tomorrow is my birthday(33). My grandfather, this grandmother's husband, passed away on my birthday 7 yrs ago. Today is my nephew's 13th birthday, and thursday is my parents 38th anniversary. (June is a busy month in my family. My sister's birthday was on the 14th and her anniv on the 20th. That is one reason I didn't get married in June). So it is hard when what should be a time of celebration becomes a time of mourning. Please keep my dad(his name is Eddie) in your prayers, too as he deals with his siblings in all the settling of the estate, etc. Thanks.

No comments: