Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day-updated

My husband is outdoing himself this year in the present department. First, diamonds for christmas, now, the only other thing I wanted--A new Serger!! Here it is. It has lots of positive reviews at Amazon and other places. I've got to go, but wanted to spread the good news :)

Okay, so I actually had a fun-filled weekend of festivities.

On Saturday, I went to Mittie's Tea Room with my mother, grandmother, my sister and her 2 girls, and my girl(plus 3 American Girl Dolls). We didn't actually have "tea," but Mittie's makes some of the best chicken salad ever. We had a lovely time. Since my mom called ahead to let them know we were coming, we had a little sun porch all to ourselves. It was very nice.

All Dressed up and Someplace to Go
Mother's Day 2009


Saturday night we dropped the kids of at a Parent's night out at the church where I work. The high school kids were trying to raise money for camp. So splitcat and I went to Five Guys where I had a hot dog and fries. We sat outside and enjoyed the cool spring breeze and the 80's music coming in over the radio. Then we went to Brandsmart and wandered around. We picked the kids up early because it was already way past their bedtime. Thankfully they had a great time.

Sunday, I took the kids to church while splitcat went on a run with his brother. Then home to try to nap. Then to the in-laws for more Mother's day celebrating. A good time was had by all.

So it was a very busy weekend. I also have a busy week ahead with projects due for P and a costume to make for E. I'll be glad when school is over.

No comments: