Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Belated Tuesday Post 8/52

I meant to post this yesterday but totally forgot. P had a project due today and needed my laptop to finish it.
So anyway. I actually have a project to post. I've been slowly(it's only taken, what, 5 years?) been trying to finish decorating my master bedroom. Doing it as cheaply as possible is part of why it's taking so long, and waiting to find just the right thing either at the thrift store or at any store.

So, a few years ago I wanted to make my first purchase on Etsy, so I decided to buy a print. When I found this print I knew I needed to have it because it was my favorite flair when I was on Facebook. So I bought it and it has been knocking around my house ever since waiting to be framed and what not. I briefly had it with a gold frame and a red mat, but didn't like the gold frame. Then I decided I wanted to put Christmas pics up in my bedroom and bought some cheap frames at Hobby Lobby(they were $2.50 each(50%off yo) and I bought a small can of dark red spray paint and painted them red. So I have, like maybe $10 invested in them?  I knew I wanted to put my print in one after Christmas, but I needed a different mat, and off white wouldn't work and dark blue seemed like it would be too much, so the other day when I was looking at scrapbook paper for my pre-school project I came upon some lovely paper that I realized would be perfect around it. So after some few minutes of cutting and pasting I finally had my picture framed. I like it and am currently putting it on a test run.



So, I haven't yet decided what I am going to put in the other two frames. One currently houses a plastic christmas ornament from walmart masquerading as art.



The other one is blank. And yes, they are not even remotely level.



I don't really like the ornament when it's paired with the print. I will probably just put some lace or something in there. But overall, I am generally pleased. I suppose. It's better than a bare wall.


Also, a few weeks ago I finally stumbled across what I had been looking for to put on the wall next to the window in my room at the thrift store. I meant to blog it a while back and forgotted. I don;t like having photographs of people in my room, so I put a map with a piece of lace in the frame part. The bit of lace on the left is a small tatted medallion I made a while back, and the one on the right is a crocheted thrift store find.


The scarf isn't usually there, but I was too lazy to take it down. 

So hopefully some time in the next few weeks I will get my room cleaned up to take you on the final tour!  

that is all.

No comments: