Friday, August 12, 2005

It is the end of a long conference day. I am still working out all I've heard today. While none of the messages was necessarily new to me, I realized that it is important to be reminded of the things we know about God. When our eyes are turned more toward ourselves than Heaven we begin to forget the message of the cross. When we lose ourselves in the miry clay of the world, sometimes we forget that His hand is always extended and poised to pull us free. We just have to reach out and take it.

The worship today was astounding. This morning was Todd Ganovski, and this afternoon and evening was led by Merchant Band. If you don't like intense worship, I will not recommend these people to you. It can be both loud and strangely silent. There is no pressure to do all the right worship things. You may sit or stand, dance or lay on your face. I'm not telling which I did :). What has impacted me most, both last year and this year, is how I can see the light of God in the faces of these people. They have set themselves apart, and it shows. Tonight's teaching was on being set apart, like John the Baptist. Living a life of fasting and prayer.

I have had much on my mind and heart lately about being set apart, about what it means to be a christian. So I had some confirmation on some things I have been thinking.

I think I am too tired to say much more, so good night.

No comments: