Friday, May 23, 2008

Endings

School is out. The girl finished yesterday, the boy today, and Splitcat winds up post planning sometime next week. Our summer plans are currently non-existent. We are waiting to see if anyone signs up for summer school. If enough kids sign up, Splitcat will be teaching summer school. I'm torn between wanting him to teach and wanting him to stay home. Summer school is a fairly lucrative thing to do. But the thought of being alone with my kids most of the summer is a little daunting. The twins are very very very busy. The boy and girl are either having a great time together or screaming at each other like banshees. Taking everyone outside to play is nearly impossible when I am by myself. The girls next door left for Las Vegas as soon as they got home from school today, so I can't get them to help me. Is it sad to be scared to be left alone with your children? Actually, I'm not scared, it just makes me tired to even think about.





Anyhoo, P had a pretty successful year. He got his standardized test scores back--1=does not meet, 2=meets, 3= exceeds. He scored 3's on all 3 sections. The girl was really ready for school to be out. She did well this year, also. Next week is her ballet recital and then we are done with all our school year commitments.

We are all finally over our latest bout of gastroenteritis. Looking back on my blog, we all had one this same time last year. I had forgotten that P missed his last day of school last year because he was puking. I won't go into details, but twins with diarrhea is not pleasant.

Scoot Over
Baby M(below). He looks a lot like my dad. Maybe it's the hawaiian shirt.
Baby W. He looks like my Father-in-law's father. They both love to carry the bubble bottles around. I bought an automatic bubble blower so everyone can play in the bubbles.

No comments: