Sunday, May 18, 2008

My mother's day gift

My family has learned that I like to receive money for holidays. I tell them it is the gift of shopping. So my sister and I went to the mall on Monday to spend my Mother's day money. I had been thinking about buying myself a guitar with the money splitcat was giving me from our economic stimulus check, but I found this very cute little guitar at a new store in the mall called Banjo.com. It was very cheap, but had a sweet little sound, and so I decided to get it. Part of my thought process was that with four small children, I needed something that could take a beating. That morning I had been looking online at guitars and the girl spotted a pink one and said she wanted to learn to play the guitar when she was old enough. So I couldn't pass this one up. When I showed it to her that afternoon she was speechless. When I let her sit and strum on it she practically glowed. The babies were also very attracted to it, so I have been practicing while they are in bed. But yesterday I decided to let them touch it. Baby W. was mildly interested, but quickly wandered off. Baby M was totally fascinated. So I sat him on the couch and put it in his lap. He was exhausted(we've all been battling the most recent stomach bug since thursday), but that didn't deter him. He started out upright and slowly fell over. He cried when I took it away.

No comments: