Monday, January 05, 2009

One Resolution Down

Well, I've fulfilled one of my resolutions. Unfortunately it's not the clean house or the dishes. However, I have learned something new. Inspired by this post at Hanna's Life is Cool, I went armed with coupon to Hobby Lobby and spent my Christmas money on a quilling kit. I have always wanted to try quilling, just never have gotten around to it. So here's what I've done so far:

These cards are all from the starter kit

Cards-Group

Bluebird Card

Bee-Flowers



Blue Flower Card

Snowflake Card

White Flower Card


This is my first attempt at design. It's supposed to be an "H" It's not glued down, so it's a little wonky. Plus, Baby M destroyed the right half of it after I finished this photo. The colors are all off, too. It is off-white, pink, a melony pink, and red. Quilling is very difficult to photograph in my dungeon, um, I mean living room(It's in the basement with very poor lighting)

H

This is supposed to be an "O," but it looks more like a backwards "Q." The scale is also wrong to go with the H(my goal is to spell HOPE), but I like the overall look of it. It's actually orange and yellow.
O

An attempt at quilled jewelry. This is actually black and white.
black-white cross

So, I've accomplished one thing on my list.

1 comment:

Karenee said...

It is all beautiful. I've loved this particular art style for a long time, but decided against trying it due to the fact that I have too many other hobbies I never get around to. *grin* Your 'H' is particularly gorgeous!