Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Well, it's here again.  New Year's eve.  The girl is with her cousins.  the boys are sleeping.  splitcat is with his family.  I am home watching random bits of korean t.v. on the internet.  Splitcat may or may not be home soon(It's 10:20pm)  I have to work in the nursery at church tomorrow so I didn;t want to stay up too late.  I'm kind of hoping everyone sleeps in.  The nursery has been a little crazy lately with lots and lots of little babies.  and lots of pregnant people in the church means lots more babies to come.

I never finished my 37 before 37 list, but I've got six months left.  I've always thought it was cool that my birthday is exactly 6 months from Christmas.  So I am officially 36.5.  There are alot of things to look forward to this year.  2 weddings.  The boy will start middle school in August.  the twins will start kindergarten.

Speaking of the boy, his birthday is coming up very quickly.  He will be 11.  He's a handsome lad.

So, thinking back this past year, it's been a pretty quiet one. I am thankful for that. I'm not sure I've learned anything new this year, skill wise.  I haven't been crafting for a while. I've gotten interested in new music much more this year.  I think I've bought more cd's this year than in my whole life.  What am I listening to?  My favs have been We Were Promised Jetpacks(I just ordered their newest cd with my christmas money), Villagers, Radiohead(King of Limbs).  I am waiting with bated breath for a new Mumford and sons album.  Thankfully there's lots of them performing on youtube.

Of course, I shouldn't leave out my addiction to Korean t.v.  I'm not sure why everyone makes fun of me.  I've actually learned alot.  but yeah, one of my new year's resolutions is to be a little less addicted. Maybe get some laundry done.

I should also mention that I think I've made more friends in the past year than in the 10 previous ones(combined).  It was at times a little overwhelming to find myself wanted after so many years of having no one.

So anyway.  Happy New Year.  I shall leave you with a new artist I've been watching on youtube. 


No comments: