Thursday, June 26, 2014

Happy Birthday!



so, it was my birthday yesterday. my mother posted this picture on her Facebook, so I stole it. I think I was about 4 in the picture with a baby, because that was one of our foster babies, maybe 6 or 7 in the brownie uniform, and 19 in the last one.

I can't say this past year has been a good one. so I won't. It has had a few highlights. I have met some amazing people online and irl who have made a huge impact on my life. I got to see my favorite bands in concert finally.

I have no idea what this next year will bring. I have mostly given up on making any sort of plans because I am tired of watching my dreams fall apart. For now, I am just living day to day because that is about all I can handle.

Today I went to renew my driver's license and took the 8 yr renewal option, and I had to stop and wonder what I will be doing in 8 years? The twins will be 16, the girl will be 19 and the boy will be 21. That's a scary thought.

I did have a decent sort of day for my actual birthday. I called out of my morning job since I knew I wasn't really needed. My dad took me to lunch at a thai/vietnamese place. Then I worked. It was a really slow night, but it was still a nice evening. Then I stopped by Waffle House for some hashbrowns and bacon. The kids were with their dad, but the girl left me a cute voicemail while I was at work and so i called them as soon as I could. I picked them up on my way home from work today so we are going to have cake tonight.

I know in the past I talked about making a sort of bucket list, but I never did. I think I need to make a 40 before 40 for this year, any ideas anyone?

No comments: