Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Feeling Better

For those who care, I am feeling much better today. I must have had a sinus infection that was putting pressure on my very sensitive teeth and gums.

I went to a dinner for my husband's school last night. We go because it's free. I like free. Plus, I get to dress up. This year, Splitcat hosted a table, so my sister and her husband came, My grandmother, Splitcat's parents and brother, and two strangers(one was a mom of a student). This is a fundraising dinner. Last year the speaker was Oliver North. This year was Zell Miller. I was a little confused why Zell, a Democrat, was speaking. But after he spoke I understood. He was very good. He spoke on the loss of morality in today's society and how that affects schools. He supported christian education because it allowed the teaching of moral standards and general decency. He apparently got reacquainted with the Lord in recent years. He was still uncomfortable talking about his faith, but he realized how important it was to share, and not hide his light under a bush. I am fairly good at detected falseness, but he was so completely genuine, it was refreshing. It is amazing how a relationship with the Lord can change a person's life.

The food was ok. It was free. A former student gave a testimony and sang. It was really beautiful. So, a nice time was had by all. And Splitcat and I had our pictures made with Zell. With my heels on, I was taller than both of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Free food is never just "okay".