Sunday, October 16, 2005

Guess where I went today...

If you are a faithful reader, you'll know. Yes, I went to the emergency room. Except this time it was for myself. I started having an excruciating ache in my upper jaw yesterday. Normally I can take some pain reliever and it's ok. And that worked the first time. But shortly after going to bed, it wore off. My mouth started throbbing so I got back up out of bed and took some more medicine. This time it didn't help. So I was up all night. I found some boots I want and got to watch Bend it like Beckham. But mostly I tried to refrain from hysterics. The pain would occasionally subside, then come throbbing back worse than ever. By this morning I was in tears everytime the pain started up. Since I have a pretty high level of pain tolerance, and it was reducing me to tears, I decided I better go to the er. They weren't terribly helpful. Their best guess was an infection of some sort. Which was my guess, since the pain is above where I had extensive dental work done last winter. So they gave me an antibiotic and some percoset, which has me pleasantly giddy and 97% pain free, so if my writing seems strange, that's why. Soon I will be blissfully asleep. If I still have pain in 3-5 days I need to go to the oral surgeon. So all you people who pray, please pray that I don't have to go, that this antibiotic will kill whatever the problem is. If you like creative miracles, feel free to pray for three new teeth.

In better news, I gave my husband a digital camera for his birthday, I also got a photoprinter that will be virtually free once I send in the rebates. It is a compact, 5.1 mp camera. It made him very happy. He's been snapping nature pics every chance he gets. so now I can post photos more often of different things.

Well, the eyelids are drooping. So I best be going. Peace

1 comment:

Karenee said...

You know, if you want to get rid of those irritating spammers... you can do the thing where people have to type in a series of letters and numbers as proof that they're not a spamming computer. Just check in blogger's dashboard>settings>comments>word verification + set to yes.