Monday, October 16, 2006

Clothing

It's time to get some warm clothing for the older kids. I took the girl to the store this morning to get a few items. She is 3 yrs old(will be 4 in March). Generally speaking, most 3 yr olds wear between a 3 and 4T. She wears a 6/6x. Which is in the girls sizes, not the toddler sizes. This poses several problems. 1. Her legs are not a 6/6x length. 2. the clothes look too grown up for a 3 yr old. She's not fat. She's wide. She has always been big, I was too when I was little. I try not project my own issues with finding clothes to fit onto her, but it is just as frustrating to buy her clothes as it is to buy myself clothes. I bought her a pair of size 7 capri jeans. They are a little loose in the waist and the hem comes to just below her ankle, a perfect pair of jeans. I guess the good thing is they could possibly fit her for the next 3 yrs and eventually actually be capris on her. Poor baby.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

Hugs on the shopping troubles. Her legs will catch up with the rest of her at some time, I'm sure. For now, that sounds like a reasonable compromise!