Saturday, November 25, 2006

Growing Boys

The boys have been growing like weeds. Especially M.(on the right in both pictures). The first picture was taken in Sept. when they were about 4 weeks old. It's now 10 weeks later. We have finally been able to get them to interact with each other, and it is very sweet. They smile at each other and sometimes even talk to each other.


2boys Growing Boys


We had a nice time shopping yesterday. The twins behaved beautifully. My mother-in-law got to experience the mall with twins. We sat in the mall to feed them and had oodles of people stop and/or stare and smile. At one point a mom with 4 yr old twin girls stop to chat and then a pregnant lady stopped and said,"I had to stop, I'm having twins!" It was pretty funny. We met lots of people who had twins or were a twin. I didn't buy much, but my mil bought my Christmas present. I got a beautiful new wool coat. It is almost ankle length, and has a hood. But I have to wait until Christmas to get it. I made it to the mall at 5:25 and home about 11:30. W. decided to wake up at 3:45, so I just left early. At 5:30 there were people with huge bags of stuff leaving. I'm not sure if I will go next year. Every year it gets a little more crowded. This is definitely the year of the ipod and other electronics. Most of the sales centered around things you can stick your ipod in. We don't have an ipod and need a new washing machine, not a new DVD player. Yep, our washing machine gave up a few weeks ago. Not good when you have 4 children, 2 of which spit up on a regular basis.


In the afternoon we went to the in-laws and I set up their tree. It's their first year with a fake tree. They got lucky and got a really nice one after Christmas last year. When I was done, the kids and my niece put the ornaments on.





Thanks to everyone who has participated in my interactive post thus far. If you haven't, please read the previous post and add your answer in the comments section.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Your babies are beyond beautiful.
2. Can it really be 15 weeks since we saw you at our little party?
3. I am so sorry for your washer woes. Our drier only works at 3/4 capacity here because of the new plug we had to install on it for their drier outlet, so I have to remember to push the button several times. It is very irritating to go to change out the wash and realize the "drier" is more of a "dampener."
Then a few weeks ago I started noticing that I was itching a lot and then as I was folding a load I noticed a lot of un-diluted detergent globs on the clothes. Very sticky and goopy. It bleached little spots on some of the clothes, my brand new pants for one.
I rashly blamed my poor helpful husband who has a tendency to overstuff the washer in his exhuberance to help me clear out the piles.
I assure you I felt like a heel after getting on to him for his helpfulness when a couple of weeks later I did laundry and the same thing happened. Then a few days later I discovered that the agitater (sp?) was not agitating anything but ME. I would never have realized this if my son had not demanded to "watch the laundry swish and make bubbles" when he helped me load it up. We watched in dismay as the thing turned one pitiful turn and then rested in exhaustion, I assume, from its overworked lifestyle, and then whined a sad half turn out before resting again.
I apologize to my husband. It was not your fault, dear.
I tried to screw the thing in more tightly and it has semi-washed since then, though sometimes I have to re-rinse. But that just gives my dampener more time to blow out its cool air, so that's ok.
I think you have it worse with not one but 2 little ones to spit and poop, though you probably don't have as much mud as we do here. Life in the construction zone is just too fun.