Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Good News and Bad news

Good News,

The boys had their four month check up today. W. weighs 13 lbs 13 ozs and M. weighs 15 lbs 4 ozs. They are doing very well. I had a laugh when I came across P.'s four month visit as I was cleaning tonight. He weighed 17.5 lbs. He was a chunky baby. Now he's really skinny. He's always pulling his pants up. E. is too, but for different reasons. She has chronic plumber's bottom. I had forgotten that was why she's always worn dresses.

Bad News,

The computer I was using to write my novel crashed. As in the hard drive crashed. Most of it was on our good computer, except all I have done the past few weeks. And no, I hadn't backed it up on disk yet. Yes, I have learned my lesson. I think I can remember the basics of what I had written. But hopefully we can recover it. sigh.


Thanks again to everyone who left an answer to last weeks question/topic. I was blessed by your stories of provision and healing.

Here's a holiday themed question.

What is one of your favorite Christmas memories?

One of my fonder memories was Christmas my senior year of high school. We didn't put up a tree or do anything extravagant, and I got season tickets to the opera and a bottle of perfume-that was it. I just remember it being a simple and happy time as a family.

Also it snowed our first Christmas in New Jersey and it snowed on splitcat and I's first Christmas. P's first Christmas was also very special. He was so confused. The girl is really into it this year and wants to know on a daily basis why we don't have a baby Jesus in our front yard like her grandma and the people across the street. I had a few moments of worry as she seemed to be confusing Jesus and Santa. She also keeps telling me we have to bake gingerbread men. I am looking forward to spending this Christmas with my new big family of 6. It seems so weird that this time last year I didn't know I was pregnant with twins. They are such a part of our family already. It's hard to remember life before them.

It is late, so I sould probably go to bed. Thanks for tuning in.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Wow. That's a hard question. No short or easy answers here.

How about this? When I was in high school, I sang in the school chorus (several of them, actually). Our chorus teacher was a little off as a teacher, but she was great as a promoter and always got us lots of extracurricular gigs, especially at Christmastime.

We would sing at churches, festivals, etc., usually several times a week leading up to Christmas itself. It was hectic and harrowing, but in my mind it became associated with Christmas.

The Festival of Trees in particular was one that we did every year, and it was always very, very fun. Someone usually fainted (it was hot in there) and there was lots of free time afterward to walk around and see the trees, gingerbread houses, and to listen to other choruses sing. Very good memories.

Valerie Comer said...

Looks like Blogger may let me comment today...

I grew up in a loving Christian home and have many great holiday memories. We gathered at my mom's parents' home on the 26th every year. They had a regular sized bungalow that got packed with all nine of their children and thirty-three grandchldren. It was always a great day of catching up with cousins and eating all the mandarin oranges we wanted.

At the end of the day, we had a Christmas program for our grandparents. Mom always found a little poem or something for each of us to memorize. Fond memories!

The best, though, is the upcoming one. Son and d-i-l, daughter and s-i-l, all coming home for five days of togetherness. Our first family Christmas since the family grew 2 1/2 years ago! Very excited here...