Thursday, December 14, 2006

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fixed the computer. Apparently God had some things he needed me to work out before I kept writing. And since I'm writing about wisdom and understanding, I prayed to have a clue to what I was doing. And it certainly helped. But the real fix was of the old fashioned kind(But I think God inspired). I noticed the cover of the computer tower was loose, so I just kind of randomly pressed it down and suddenly heard a whirring start up kind of noise. The hard drive reconnected and I was able to boot up normally. My files are now on disk and I am putting them also on our good computer. Splitcat is going to open her up and make sure it is reconnected firmly before I use it again. And I will always back up now.

Took the twins and the girl to splitcat's christmas party. M. slept throught the noisiest part. W. was sort of awake, and when about 9 teenage girls crowded around the stroller, he took one look and went into hysterics. He was also very gassy. They had their vaccinations yesterday, so they are not quite up to standard. I'd better go fold some laundry so I can do some more. It is so nice to have a machine again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to know the computer did not eat your heart's work. We have had more than our share of computer woes, but I think the worst attack was right before we moved when it devoured all our support contact info and (worse for me) non backed up family pictures (learned my lesson).

Glad for your new machine too. Families of 6 can not live long without washers. The mountains of laundry we produce in just one day are unimaginable.

Anonymous said...

I finally got around to playing the "Testimony" game. Sorry it took me so long. Sick kids and finals at school, you know.

Of course mine is the longest comment in the history of comments. I just can't tell a good story in a paragraph. I hope it posted ok. I have issues with this sort of thing.

I will play the next game if I get a chance. I like these games. I'm still hoping to get my husband to tell his car tales.