Monday, October 29, 2007

You may be asking yourself why I am subjecting you to a video of Baby M crying. Well, I thought you might like to enjoy a little bit of my life. In his defense, he's been really gassy and is cutting like 6 teeth at once. But. He cries. All the time. Loudly. In the middle of the night. Did I mention it was loud? And it's not the help I'm hurt, or I'm sad kind of crying. It's the "I want my mom and I want her now!" kind of crying. Which I have less sympathy for. For instance, he refused to go to bed last night. If he were alone, I would have let him cry. But his brother really wanted to be asleep. I had already gotten both of them up once or twice when I decided to let W. sleep. So I finally get M to bed after 9:30. Then he decides he's just taking a nap and is awake from 2-4:30. I can't leave him in his room to cry because of his brother. So he plays very happily until I just can't stay awake any longer and he's had a light snack and cup of milk. And while he slept in, W. was wide awake at 6 am.

In other baby news, they are babies no longer. I officially took away their bottles. I let them go longer than I let P or E. Mostly because it was easier. But the time had come. It is sad and good at the same time. Sad because my babies are growing up and I will miss them being babies, but good because all things must grow and change and it is so much fun to discover these little people as their personalities begin to really blossom.

Baby M has two volumes--happy or screaming. When he is happy he can be really funny. He absolutely loves stuffed animals. I will try to get his reaction on film, because you can't describe it.

Baby W has a range of volumes. He was experimenting with anger at my parents the other night. He tried to stomp off and fell flat on his face on their travertine floor. Someone told him "No" and he didn't like it. He had earlier expressed his frustration with the limits imposed on him with a heartfelt half grunt-half scream. He tries on expressions to see your reaction. And as soon as he figures out how to swing a leg over the top of his crib or playpen, I am in trouble.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

Hugs! You're not making me wish I had twins, you know...