Thursday, August 07, 2008

My dream shoes

Sometimes dreams do come true.

Some of you may remember my shoe post from my other blog long time ago. I mentioned that I really wanted the new Converse xx-hi tops. Well, with my birthday money I bought them. I thought they made a beautifully blank canvas and set out to embroider them by hand. It was a somewhat painful process. Then my mother shows me her newest machine embroidery cd, and the designs were exactly what I was looking for. So on Tuesday I went over to her house and we embroidered my shoes. We chose a phoenix and she altered the design to make it longer to fit more of the shoe. Then I added some small colored "jewels"(they were iron-ons) and it really gave the design some depth. I think I may have to be unfashionable and wear them even though it is still a little hot here. I looooooove them. I posted them at Craftster and have gotten a good response.


Converse 6

Converse 4

Converse 1

2 comments:

Karenee said...

Aaah! They're so cute! I especially like the phoenix. (and my word verification is "fahbc" which clearly means I'm supposed to use the term "fahbulous, m'dear!")

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome!
4boymom