Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peanuts

The boy has discovered the world of Charlie Brown. I had an old Peanuts book on the shelves in their room, and he discovered it the other night. Splitcat gave him a giant hardback treasury last night, and he is already nearly halfway through. I am so glad he likes it.


In other news, some of you may remember that I worked on a girl's retreat last spring. Well I will be working on the fall one, too. But this time I have to work hard. For those who know what I am talking about, I am going to be Head Cha. If you don't know what that means, basically I'll be doing a lot of administrative work(collecting permission forms, money) and making sure the weekend runs on schedule and everyone is doing their job so the director can concentrate on the girls attending the weekend. I am excited. But I am once again shamelessly soliciting your prayers. I know, I'm a demanding blogger. I don't know if you will be hearing a lot from me in September because I will probably be very busy, but I'll try to keep everyone udpated with pictures of the twins, since I know that is the main reason some of you read me.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

Hmph. I read to find out how YOU are. Though the twins are cute, too...

Ah, Charlie Brown. I loooove Charlie Brown.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't it make you feel old that we are qualified for positions like head cha and director? I will be praying for you, for, frankly, I don't know how you dare with 4 children. I have retired from that ministry until people in my home are of the age to deal with the fevers and throw up that inevitably happen on the weekend of choice by themselves. The last one I worked was spent with a terrible migraine and I was most useless to the team. It was then that I decided to move to Canada until further notice. Oh. But I'm back. Don't tell anyone....