Saturday, October 01, 2011

Time to Play

Fall has fallen!  Well, sort of.  It did get up to the low 90's the other day, but the past two days have been gloriously fallish.  So of course we took the kids out to the park to play.  It ended up being an exciting outing.  After many years of trying, P finally figured out how to swing.  He and I have both been frustrated by his inability to swing.  We would try every time we went to the park.  I don't know what magic finally happened, but he did it.   He was so excited.  So was I.  I have no idea what was so difficult for him .  Perhaps it was a certain timidity or fear.  He does not like when he doesn't feel in control of himself, and swinging requires a bit of letting go.  Perhaps the fact that school is going well for him  has given him  a little more courage.  I'm  so happy to have my smiling boy back.  We've only had one big incidence of bullying this year, and the kid got caught.  P was more excited by the fact that everyone was talking about him  than worried about someone being mean to him..  I'm  sure there have probably been more times that people have not been nice, but he will rarely tell me or his teachers.   I'm  glad that we will be able to leave elementary school on a positive note(at least I hope it will keep going this well).

P Swinging W M E Squirrel!

No comments: