Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Movies

Okay, here it is

Movie meme:
1. What was the last movie you watched?

Besides the Baby Einstein series, I think it was Batman Begins.

2. What was the last movie you bought?

For myself? I have no idea. I think the last movie someone gave me was Pirates of the Caribbean

3. What was the last movie you went to a theater to see?

Batman Begins-which is a great movie. I'm still divided on whether or not Christian Bale is a good Batman. On one hand, he's Christian Bale, on the gripping hand, he was a little more stiff than I had hoped, but stiff in a very Batman way. On the whole, I hope he gets cast again.

4. What is the movie you have seen the most?

Dune(the one from 1984). In high school I watched it(the 4-hr version) every school holiday and at least once a week in the summer. Once I had the books I read them nearly as frequently. I have had to cease my Dune activities because I get lost on Arrakis for at least a week and am totally useless(Ok, more useless than normal). The Atreides take over my mind and I start thinking like them. And if you've never read the books, you won't understand. If you have, you know what I'm talking about.

5. What are the 5 movies you like the most?

Dune
Rebecca
Jane Eyre
Matrix
Pride and Prejudice(the really long one they show on A&E)

6. Tag 5, yada yada.

I tag Because I Said So. I won't tag her for the books though.

3 comments:

Because I Said So said...

Thank you. I appreciate your kindness

Anonymous said...

Did you see Christian Bale in "Newsies"? (Disney musical) I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will admit I own the VHS tape (although I think it was a gift). When my husband and I were in the theater watching Batman Begins, I leaned over and whispered, "he was in Newsies!". Hub just rolled his eyes :)

fiorinda said...

I have always wanted to see that movie. I vaguely recall that I knew he was in it. (which is why I wanted to see it). He first attracted my attention in Empire of the Sun. which is a great movie. I'll have to rent Newsies.