Monday, July 03, 2006

What I like about my house

A short meme from 4boydad.

List five things I like about my house. In no particular order:

1. It's the home we brought our children to after they were born. I am hopelessly sentimental. Those are memories that cannot be replaced.

2. I concur with splitcat about our downstairs living room, it's one of the main reasons we bought this house.

3. Our yard. it will probably be the thing I miss most if we ever move. I don't necessarily spend that much time outside, but I like knowing it is there.

4. Location. Splitcat likes that we are close to food and the interstate. I like that we are very very close to all the shopping you could really need. I would like to live a little closer to my family, but we are still within 30 minutes of them.

5. It is truly a blank slate. every room has needed to be updated/renovated. And we still have 2 more to go.

Hopefully Splitcat will soon tell the story of our "crack house." He's been threatening to for a while. I'll just say we had a lot of old men and teenage boys looking for the previous owners son after we moved in. It was kind of odd since we are in a pretty middle class neighborhood.

I hope everyone has had a lovely 4th of July. We hung out at my sister in laws, leaving the children behind. The boy thought he'd be brave this year, but watched us twirl our sparklers from behind the sliding glass doors. OUr neighbors are setting off fireworks in the street, so it is occasionally loud. On the way to my sil's we listened to the final minutes of the world cup game beteween Italy and Germany on an am Hispanic radio station. It was really quite entertaining. We didn't understand much, but definitely got it when Italy scored. The commentator was much more into it than the ones on t.v.

I've a dr.'s appt tomorrow, so hopefully everyone is growing well.

No comments: