Thursday, July 13, 2006

A slow week

It's been a slow and quiet week. Yesterday I took the children to the free movies at the mall. We saw Curious George. Some of you may remember last year's trip to the movies. This time went so much better. The boy and I had a discussion before we left that it was okay to be a little scared, but to just hold my hand and squeeze if he got scared, not start wailing loudly. He agreed so off we went. When we walked in I knew everyone would be clamoring for drinks and popcorn, so I promised that if we made it through the whole movie we could go out to lunch, and come back next week and get snacks. Amazingly enough everyone accepted this with no argument. They showed a preview of Meerkat Manor, and I was asked a lot of questions which a: were easily answered if you were listening, or b: you had to be an expert on Meerkats to answer. This prompted me to remind the boy that I had never seen the movie, so I didn't have the answer to any of his questions. Although this may seem a little harsh, he is a relentless questioner of every minor detail (he's definitely the type to grow up and go to dragon con in costume with all the minute details of whatever his favorite thing is). I was still asked a lot of questions, but mostly ones I could answer. The girl spent the middle portion of the movie fending off sleep. She just couldn't get comfortable enough. So we made it through to the end, and as promised I took them to lunch, and as an added surprise we went to the bookstore and each bought a new book. I got P. the first Curious George, since he liked that monkey, E. got a My little Pony Book, and I got The Midnighters 2: Touching Darkness . I spent most of the rest of the day in bed. The heat has been yucky.

I got bitten on the belly by a mosquito yesterday. Even my long shirts aren't long enough any more.

They will be here soon. It's hard to believe. I still have a hard time imagining myself as the mother of 4.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

Oh the stage of a zillion questions. Hugs. Sounds like you're doing great for all the heat and hope their Royal Highnessess the Twinniness get here safe and sound.