Saturday, September 01, 2007

Mothers

My mother told me a funny story I had to share. She was grocery shopping at a store near her work when a man approached her and asked if she knew where something was. She gave him a polite answer, and to thank her he gave her a squeeze on the shoulder and tried to draw her into deeper conversation. If you know my mother, you don't touch her without permission. Partly because she has fibromyalgia and it hurts and partly because she is a big fan of personal space.

Anyway, this man began to complement her on how beautiful her hair was and was trying to pick her up. When she told me what she was wearing I had to laugh. She was wearing casual capris and a t-shirt and had her hair down, which is waist length and almost completely gray. I told her he must of thought she was a hippie and into free love.

So for those of you who know my mother, I thought you might find this humorous, too.

I just remembered another time someone tried to pick her up. My sister and I were in elementary school and we went to dinner with my mom and grandmother. Our waiter started trying to pick up my mom. He thought she and me and my sister were all my grandmothers children. She finally had to pull out her drivers license to prove how old she was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you've got it, you've got and hopefully won't lose it! HA Not so bad for a grandma of eight! MOM