Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Day to Remember

It's been quite a day. My mother called me yesterday and asked if I was up for an adventure. I said of course. But then she wouldn't tell me anything and I couldn't ask any questions. I was just told to dress nice and not look like I just got out of bed(she knows me too well). And we would be done by 9:30 or so. I could not figure out what we could be doing so early in the morning. So I dropped the kids off at my in-laws and met my mom. When we turned out of the parking lot after meeting, I knew we were headed to splitcat's school. I didn't know why, maybe the students were giving us a shower or something. We met one of his students outside and she told me they were giving him a special award and wanted me to be there. Oh good, I thought. He got teacher of the year or something. He was shocked to see me, my mom, and my sister meet him in the gym. I told him I didn't know what was going on. So we sat through the teacher character awards wondering what was going to happen. (Splitcat got respect this year). At the end all the seniors got up to give out the senior gift. They pick a teacher every year to give a gift to. Then they called both of us up on stage. I looked out the gymnasium doors as I walked across the stage and couldn't believe what I saw. So they presented splitcat with an envelope, and when he opened it, it contained car keys. Parked outside on the sidewalk was a minivan that the senior class bought for us. Yes, a minivan. A 1999 Ford Windstar.

VAN3

VAN1

It has all the bells and whistles including leather seats. We both cried. And inside the van was:

24 bags of diapers of various sizes
10 boxes of wipes
some misc. baby toiletries
several outfits
some books with stuffed animals
and the following gift cards:
Babies-r-us-$25
Dilliards-$25
Target-$60
Publix-$25
Outback steakhouse-$50
Cash-$15
Quiktrip-$500(no that's not a typo)

VAN2

They had originally planned to give us a trip to Scotland. But when they heard about the twins, they wanted to do something to help us out. I'm not sure if they will ever really know what a blessing their gift is to us. We have both felt that we were to wait on the Lord for His provision, and we have been rewarded more than I think either one of us expected. Splitcat's mom(as well as my own and many others) have been praying for many months that God would provide a van for us. It's so good to know that He cares so much for us.

Also, I'm glad that splitcat has finally gotten the recognition he deserves. I've always known what an incredible person he is. But I can't imagine what it must mean to him to know that the entire senior class thought so well of him to do this. It's really just so overwhelming.

Praise the Lord!

Update: Splitcat came home with two more packs of diapers, 2 more boxes of wipes, another $65.00 in target gift cards, and $15 in cash. He counted the diapers, there are 1674.

3 comments:

Scott said...

That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen! I am so excited for you guys! God really does love us and provide the best!
4boymom

Valerie Comer said...

Oh. My. Word. That is absolutely amazing! Praise God from whom all blessings flow...

Cassandra said...

This is ridiculously awesome and absolutely made my day! Thanks for sharing. Two years later and this story is still roking worlds!!! Praise You Abba. You are all we're ever need!