Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

We had a nice mother's day. I still find it weird that I am a mother. My best mother's day is still Mother's Day of 2000. That was the day I found out I would be a mother for the first time. We were in Pensacola visiting my family. We snuck out to the Walmart to buy more tests because we couldn't believe it. It had taken a lot longer than I expected to get a positive. But P. was well worth the wait.

Thursday I also attended "Muffins for Moms" at P.'s school. I was a little late, but the kids had not yet arrived, so P. didn't know. I learned that

I am special because I give him gifts sometimes
He likes it when I give him hugs in the middle of the night(I like that, too)
He thinks I'm best at making food for him(I guess because opening poptarts takes a lot of skill)
He likes to make me smile by singing to me
I am as pretty as a flower
I'm smart because I know how to make gifts.

The little program they did was cute. P. was very conscientious about keeping his feet on his piece of tape.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. The kids and I went to church while splitcat went to school to do lesson plans for his week away. When we came home splitcat cooked me lunch while I rested and then I was given my cards. My gift this year was a reclining lawn chair. I requested one last month because I didn't have anywhere comfortable to sit outside. It is perfect. I got to sit in it and we let the kids play in the sprinkler.

Friday night splitcat and I went to the movies and saw V for Vendetta. It was okay.

Splitcat left this morning for Florida. I think this is the longest we've been apart in the 10 1/2 years we've been married. He shall return on Saturday. I also have a shower on Saturday. I am excited about that.

I was going to post some pictures, but I'll do it tomorrow.
I Have an ultrasound tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: