Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

It's not really my birthday yet, it's not till next week, but all the celebrating is done. It seems a little anti-climatic. But I guess 31 is not an age to have a big party for. Being pregnant at my birthday always poses a problem. I usually ask for clothes, but this year it was home depot gift cards, which I received. My mother-in-law hated buying me just home depot cards, so I also received a blanket rack to put our gazillion throws and a very pretty bracelet. So we are finally able to renovate our third bathroom. Even though it is just a half bath, it is the biggest of our bathrooms. Splitcat is getting ready to lay the tile as I write.

This bathroom had been sort of updated when a friend lived with us for a few months before we had kids. But last year my washing machine flooded the laundry room and it seeped under the floor into the bathroom, so we had to pull up the awful, awful yellow linoleum from 1981. There were no tears shed at this loss, but we've just had concrete as a floor ever since. I wish I had pictures of the wallpaper when we moved in. It was gold and blue and was supposed to be a colonial map with big ships sailing all over it. It was truly horrible. Now it is just blue because I found a can of oops paint for $5. We aren't sure what color to change it to. The tile splitcat chose is very earthy looking, it's base color is a dark mossy green, but it has rusty highlights when the light hits it just right. Well, I was just told we're going to the depot. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

3 comments:

Valerie Comer said...

May I recommend a soft yellow or a beige that leans to yellow?

I wish my mother-in-law would ask what I'd like for my birthday. I really didn't need towels, don't have storage space for more, and would NEVER have picked navy ones...

I'd tell her Amazon gift cards! :)

Scott said...

Oh, you're having a birthday party.

It'll just be at the new house, probably after the twins are born. But it's coming, don't you doubt it.

Until then, Happy Birthday.

fiorinda said...

Thanks 4 boydad!