Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's been a slow week at the Chintzibob household. Our niece is staying with us this week, she is 12. So we've all spent alot of time playing video games. I really like Jak 3. The niece has been playing Ratchet and Clank, another good series of games. The boy has been playing Spyro and Ratchet, and Lego Star Wars. Splitcat's had the computer playing Civilization IV and redoing all his AP History notes. The girl has been playing dinosaurs and ponies. Right now a dinosaur is chasing Barbie. She wants to play games, too, but she lacks the coordination.

I had something funny to relate, but I don't remember what. On Sunday after church as we walked in the sanctuary, the boy asked, "So what did you learn today?"

On Tuesday I took the boy out for a mother/son date. We got his haircut and went to Chuck E. Cheese and he helped me run some errands at Target and Babies-r-us. He's seemed really bored lately and is having some attitude problems. I was hoping some one on one time would help. It did for a little while. But I am afraid the summer doldrums are here. It took all day yesterday for me to recover being gone for a few hours on Tuesday. Otherwise we might do more fun stuff. Today we are taking a trip to the Walmart. That's always an adventure.

No comments: