Sunday, June 25, 2006

I am officially 31. I have had a very pleasant birthday weekend. Yesterday was our day of celebration, so Splitcat grilled me steak and it was accompanied by baked potatoes, and corn, cucumbers, and green beans from our garden. The corn was small, but very very tasty. The children made me a birthday card, and apparently the girl accidentally signed her cousins name instead of her own. How she knew this since she cannot write is beyond me, but she was concerned, lest I wonder why my niece signed my card. They also made me an angel food cake. I was merciful and didn't demand seven minute icing, which is my favorite on angel food. But I did claim the brown crusty part from the top of the cake. Splitcat got the hint, and I received the new Keane cd. I've only listened through once so far, but I really like it. I bought myself Jak 3. We've been having fun playing all weekend. I also received my cd for June/July from IHOP. It has songs from various worship sessions at the House of Prayer. I had forgotten I should be getting one, so it was a nice extra. today I went out to lunch with my family. We had a nice time as always.

P. was thrilled when I told him he is now 5 1/2. Apparently life is better at this age. I can't believe he will be starting school in a month and a half. So much to do, so little time and energy.

No comments: