Thursday, June 22, 2006

My dr. visit went fine yesterday. Baby A is 3.2 lbs and Baby B is 2.8 lbs. They are both breech again, but still have time to turn. Their sizes are getting a little far apart, so I get to have another ultrasound in 2 weeks. They aren't concerned yet since they are still within a two week range of each other, but if it gets any further than that they get concerned. So they like to keep an eye on things. They both had heartrates in the 140's. I lost two lbs since my visit 2 weeks ago. The reality of having a baby, or in this case babies, really hits when you start going to the dr. every two weeks. That is the signal that the time is near.

My mother was babysitting for me and my sister, who also had a dr. appt. When I got back, she was just leaving. I hung out so the kids could play. I was sitting at the computer drinking a Barq's and I put it on the bookshelf next to me. My three yr old neice came by with a blanket and was trying to put it on the shelf where my drink drink was residing. I said, watch out, you can't play on that shelf because it has my coke on it. She regarded me coolly for a moment, then looked at my drink, then back at me. Then she replied, "that's a root beer" and ran off. (for my non-southern readers, we tend to refer to all soft drinks as "coke.") My niece is a fascinating little girl. Way too smart for a 3 yr old. My mother always told us stories about how my sister was when she was that little, and it was hard to believe. Not anymore. We have a new little version running among us. The world is her best friend. But my daughter is her very best friend. She carries her around in her hand and makes my sister set a place for her at the table. She shares her food with her and gets her special treats. When they are together they plan sleepovers. They were born just 12 days apart. They are complete opposites in body and mind. It's like watching my sister and I grow up again, but as the same age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am loving every minute of everyone!!! It does feel like you and your sister are growing up before my eyes again.

Gramme