Friday, May 18, 2007

Oh, what a night

I was woken up last night an hour earlier than the usual 2:30am cry-fest by the girl crying. This usually means she needs to go to the bathroom but isn't awake enough. So I got up to carry her to the bathroom before she peed all over herself and her brother, who was in her room with permission. Unfortunately that was not her problem. She had thrown up all over the chair in her room. I grabbed her and told her to get in the bathtub and got splitcat up.

This is my worst failing as a mother. I cannot cannot cannot deal with vomit. It took every ounce of self control I had not to add to her mess. I stood in the bathroom heaving while I rinsed her off. I finally grabbed my bottle of spikenard scented lotion and stuck it under my nose. I couldn't even look at her. Splitcat dealt with the other mess. This morning he said it was the hardest thing he had ever had to do as a parent.

I don't know why I can't do vomit. I have no problem with baby spit up, dirty diapers or diarrhea.

Of course with all the commotion the babies woke up. Oddly enough, the boy slept through it all even though he was in the midst of the action.

So please say a quick prayer for the girl, she has a temperature this morning so she has to stay home from school(I could use some prayer for that) and say a blessing for splitcat for being such a stand-up dad. I don't know what I'd do without him.

At around four-thirty, for reasons known only to himself, the boy woke up, went back to his room and started yelling at his sister for being in his bed. Which, of course, woke up the babies again.

I've had to give Baby M some puffs of his inhalor since the air quality is so bad from the wildfires in South Ga. So he has been whining and sleeping extremely lightly. Nothing is making him happy.

It could be a long day.

3 comments:

Karenee said...

Awww. I'm sorry. That is just NO fun.

May your day be peaceful and your daughter's stomach settled.

Valerie Comer said...

Dear Lord, I put Deb and her family in your hands. I ask for strength for a mommy who has had too little sleep, for a little girl who is unwell, for a baby with breathing troubles. Lord, I thank you for men of God who are there for their families, who do what is needed even unto cleaning up vomit in the middle of the night...and still going to work in the morning. Bless him abundantly, Lord. In Jesus' name, amen.

And hugs from over here.

fiorinda said...

Thanks you guys