Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Well, that's interesting

While splitcat was putting the children to bed last night I was downstairs trying to get M to go to sleep. I stood up to rock him and glanced out the window. There was a police car with lights flashing. Hmmm, I thought, that's interesting. There are police cars across the street at fairly frequent intervals. The most shocking was a few months ago when I looked out the window and saw a cop with his gun drawn and aimed at three teenagers. I found out later that a neighbor had called the police because they were shooting a gun in the back yard(which is very unsettling when you have 4 small children). This neighbor is trying to get them out of the neighborhood. She had encouraged me to call the police if we have any trouble. My biggest complaint is that they take up the street when their employees park in the morning and they let their dog out all the time. When they first moved in they would have loud pool parties. Anyway. The police have been there quite a bit. So I wasn't too surprised until I looked the other way and saw several other police cars. Then I saw several policemen leaving the house and they had on a lot of gear. Great big helmets, heavy bulletproof jackets. And one was carrying one of those odd looking small battering rams. I ran upstairs and got splitcat, he surmised it was a drug raid. I kept an eye out, but I didn't see much but the police going in and out. I didn't see if they arrested anyone, and they were gone in about two hours. They also had a big van they kept taking equipment out of. I want to know what happened. I'm hoping the aforementioned neighbor knows. Her brother-in-law is a cop. I suspect it is the teenage boy that is in trouble. We live in a pretty decent neighborhood, so it is somewhat disconcerting to have the police frequenting your neighbors house.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

EEP, scary!