Monday, May 28, 2007

Is it over now?

Well, we've all finally had it. Thankfully I only had a mild case of fever. Splitcat got a pretty good fever, but no throwing up.

So far today the children are doing a good job of keeping themselves entertained. I think we are going to cook out this afternoon. Yesterday the smoke was really terrible again. So far today it's okay.

I've been experimenting with my novel, changing from first person to third. It's helpful from a word count stand point, but I am undecided if it is better or not from a reader's view.

And to all my local friends, we are thinking of having a get together the weekend of June 23 since my birthday is on the 25th. Email me or splitcat if Sat. or Sun is better. My sister informed me it was my turn to host the party since I have a big yard. So the 4boydads are of course invited and the Longeneckers, too--if you read this. If 4boymom can think of anyone else(how about your sister?) let me know. And of course my dear sister and her family.

If you need more notice we can try in July, it's just usually hotter.

Have a good Memorial Day and remember to spend a moment reflecting on what today really means.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

I'm glad you all are finally on the upswing! HUGS!

May I ask why you're changing from first to third? Just curious! Pop in and visit some time.