Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Twins First Birthday

My Boys turn 1 today. I am much too busy to be too nostalgic, but it is definitely a sort of sad time. I'll miss my babies, but it is very fun watching the twins learn new things. Just this week Baby M starting waving bye-bye and sort of clapping--he claps when he is mad, it's really cute. Baby W starting pretending to talk on the phone. There is one particular toy that talks and is about the size of a remote that he slings over his shoulder and says "Dat." W. has taken one or two tentative steps, but he has the balance and strength to walk, he just hasn't figured out he can yet. M. is slowly catching up. He's starting to balance really well and to stand without holding on to anything. I put them in the walker while we were on vacation and M really loved being able to get around. He could run in the walker. It was really funny to watch and it gave him a lot of confidence in himself. Splitcat has a breakdown of their personalities on his Blog and some still photos of the birthday cupcake. Our first official party is Sat as we celebrate with my family. My mother's birthday is the day before the twins, so we have a lot of celebrating to do. The party w/ splitcat's family is still undetermined, but there will be a party eventually. I haven't gotten my phot retrospective organized yet, but I will post it soon. Instead, here is some video of the birthday cupcake. I took off most of the icing because I didn't feel like cleaning up the mess. This clip is from the end of the cupcake, the other video was too large to put on youtube. But notice the difference in their size and body types when the camera pans back. M is all relaxed, fat, and happy, and W is intense and all curled up. Make sure you have your sound turned up so you can hear all the smacking going on.


No comments: