Sunday, August 05, 2007

Vacation Days 2-4

This is the longest vacation I've ever been on.

On Monday morning we went back to the beach. Baby W really took to the sand. He was like a little turtle crawling around. Baby M still wasn't feeling so hot, but he liked the water.

Kids on Beach Day2

Seeing my dad and my daughter together reminded me so much of my childhood. He would often hold me like this so I could practice floating. He also tried to teach me to swim in the Gulf. For someone who doesn't like to get their face wet, this was slightly traumatic, but he meant well. He tried the same tactics with P., pushing you just beyond your comfort level. But P. is much stronger willed than me, and never made it further than the shore.

Gulf Day2

On Monday afternoon we visited my Grandmother and Uncle Jimmy. She is ill, so it was a little sad, but it was nice to be able to introduce her to the twins.

Tuesday morning was spent at the pool. My mom and dad found these floats for the boys, and they really took to the water. Baby M became totally relaxed every time we put him in. Baby W kept trying to dump himself into the water. He's a splasher.

Twins in Pool Day3

Tuesday afternoon we went to the Naval Aviation Museum. P. had been before, but he was very little. So now he really enjoyed it. He kept asking when we could come back. The lovely thing about the museum, besides the air-conditioning, is that it is free. I've always enjoyed it, too. The girl got bored after about the 5th plane.

Museum Day3

Girl and Gun NAS Day3

Wednesday we were back at the beach. The Gulf had been really nice. The waves were small and we only saw one jellyfish. We went to the National Seashore portion of the beach this day. It was free when I was little, now you have to get a park pass. This beach is known as Johnson's beach. When my parents were kids this was the "black" beach. My dad said you didn't go to Johnson's beach unless you were looking for a fight. However, they would go further down the beach towards the old Fort. By the time I was little, it was just a local beach. Perdido Key has very beautiful beaches.

P. in water Day4

Baby M was so relaxed he fell asleep.

Baby M asleep in Gulf Day4

a few minutes later his brother was asleep.

Baby W asleep in Gulf Day4

Splitcat had to leave that afternoon. We missed him.

1 comment:

Karenee said...

Wow! That is truly beautiful! I'm sorry to hear you must miss your beloved, for now, but it is good to know you're having such a lovely time.