Friday, February 17, 2006

A Proud Mother Moment

Since splitcat reminded me I said I'd blog about this, I figured I'd better. As you may know, we have recently begun having family movie night. This has been really fun for all. I get the most fun out of watching my children's responses. My favorite so far was when during the ending chase scene of The Incredibles, P. stands up and starts shouting, "They need to call the Police, why don't they call the Police?"

Due to various circumstances, we did not have a movie night for some time. So a week or so ago P. devised his own movie fun night. I was in the recliner trying not to throw up and/or sleeping, but I noticed that he was putting a lot of effort into what he was doing. There was much scribbling and muttering at the play table. I saw splitcat go over and sit for a few minutes, then he returned to whatever he was doing. P. then came and got me out of the chair and told me it was time for Movie Fun night. He directed me to a large pillow on the floor and informed me that E. had to sit in my lap. Once we were all settled, the movie began. My movie was about zoo animals. The narrator tended to mumble, so I didn't hear much of the story, but it was accompanied by appropriate pictures. He had colored about ten pages or so and showed them one at a time as he told the story. When I asked splitcat about his experience, he was shown a movie about dinosaurs(with different pictures than my show). P. had created two separate movies for our entertainment.

I was very proud that he had devised his own entertainment. I have always hoped to have children with good imaginations.

No comments: