Saturday, February 04, 2006

Can you get this out for me?

E. came up to me a few moments ago as I was catching up with my internet life and said, "Can you get my fruit snacks out for me?" Puzzled, I turned to her and was presented with three blue Lego Duplo blocks. Each hole on the bottom side had been stuffed with a fruit snack. The use of a Cro-tat hook quickly remedied the situation. A trip to the bathroom to put water in a sippy cup revealed a sink lined with upside down Lego bricks filled with water. This is apparently not the first time they have been used for food storage.

I think the shock of having twins is wearing off, for me at least. Now I am more concerned with keeping us all alive and healthy. Being pregnant with one is hard enough when you are trying not to worry, now there are two little beings dependent on my body for their care and upkeep. My next dr. visit is on Valentine's day, hopefully we will be able to hear/see two strong heartbeats. I continue to have pretty bad morning/noon/night sickness. The medication helps, but also leaves me very sleepy and very cranky.

My sister took pity on me and took E. the other night so I could take P. to his 5-yr checkup without being distracted. He's doing fine. My pediatrician opened a new office much further from my house, so I have to switch over to the other doctors in the practice. Fortunately, they are all very good.

Well, I'd better go finish my internetting before the motion sickness hits. Just wanted to let everyone know I am surviving.

3 comments:

Splitcat Chintzibobs said...

Those Lego bricks lining the sink (approximately 12) were filled with marshmallow creme. The creme appeared to have be extruded by a small mouth.

Splitcat Chintzibobs said...

Oh yeah, I told her not to put marshmallows in the bricks anymore. I neglected to tell her not put fruit snacks into the bricks.

Valerie Comer said...

I wonder what else fits in the bricks? Hmm.