Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday thoughts

It snowed today. It didn't stick or anything, but it was very relaxing to lay in bed with the kids and watch. Poor dh was in the kitchen dealing with an ant invasion. It's been awhile since the last invasion, but it has rained alot lately, which is when they like to storm the castle. During the hurricanes last year, we had five separate forces invade the kitchen and dining room. But they did not prevail.

I missed church again today. If church was at about 1:00 it would be alot easier for me to make it. I did manage to get out for a couple of hours late this afternoon. But I am finding myself more and more willing to just stay comfortably at home. This makes splitcat happy as that means I am not out shopping.


I am, however, losing my powers of concentration. I went to starbucks last week and wanted a decaf mocha frappucino. But I walked in, looked at the menu board, and went totally blank. I had no clue what the drink I wanted was called. The nice lady behind the counter helped me through. No one told me that this would happen when I was pregnant with P. I was finishing up my BA degree. I took a class on mystery writers during my first trimester, my professor was also my boss and had a lot of mercy on me, as she had seen me sitting at my desk trying not to throw up while I did schedule builders, answered stupid questions, and taught the phd's how to use the copy machine. I can't remember if I took any other classes. I remember that one because it really got me into reading mysteries(Agatha Christie rocks!). My final semester in college I had to take French 4. I needed a D to graduate. At this point my brain was total mush. I was lucky if I remembered my name in English. My teacher didn't understand why I wasn't doing as well as I had the first time I was in one of his classes. But how do you explain to a man whose wife had never been pregnant and does not speak English as his native language that your brain is mush, and all you want to do is graduate. I managed somehow to get a B. I did not go to graduation. It was on Dec. 18, P. was born on Jan. 12. People always asked me what I wanted to do when I graduated, and I would tell them, have a baby. I'm glad my plan worked!. The worst thing I discovered in my first pregnancy, was that I could not read anything longer than a magazine article. I have been known to read ten to twenty books in a week. I couldn't believe that I couldn't read. My dh even bought me a set of new books, but I couldn't read them. I felt so guilty. I eventually regained my power of reading. And then experienced the same thing with E. It has already begun again. Which is probably why I am boring you right this instant. I've got to fill my time up with something. I taught myself how to crochet and tat when I was preg. with E. I haven't found my time filler for this pregnancy yet. So far it is to sleep. and then sleep some more, if I can find some time between eating every two hours. I am sure that more reminiscing is sure to follow in the ensuing months. so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Karenee said...

On the positive side, we'll hear from you more here!

(No READING? Aaaaaugh!)

Can you read short stories? You could get caught up on the short story market!

fiorinda said...

That's not a bad idea. I'm mostly hoping to get caught up with the 2YN class. But my brain freezes just thinking about it. But I am determined to see it through!. I just may lag a little behind.