Monday, February 27, 2006

Untitled

I feel like I should blog, but I'm having a hard time with a topic. I even looked at lots of memes and quizzes, but nothing struck my fancy. I guess it's good I don't have much to talk about, no one's hurt, I'm feeling a little better.

I often apologize to splitcat for my lack of conversational topics. Neither of us are chatters, so it can be very quiet around here. Since I don't work anymore, I don't even have that to talk about.

I guess in honor of my recent sugar binging, I'll talk about my favorite easter goodies. Easter is the best holiday for candy and sugary treats. Mainly for three things you can only get at easter.

1. Peeps. Yes, you can get peeps at just about every holiday, but you can only get the chicks at easter. The secret to eating peeps is to open the package and let it sit overnight. The sugar coating hardens and becomes a slightly crunchy delight. Why do I prefer the chicks? They're bigger.

2. Bunnies and Chicks. I can't find a picture, but they are made by Brach's and are basically like a circus peanut, but in pastel colors shaped like chicks and bunnies. They are soft and sweet.

3. Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. I'm not a big chocolate fan, but I love peanut butter and chocolate.

Honorable Mention: I have to give an honorable mention to Robin Eggs. These are my sister's favorite, and are quite good.


So there are my favorite Easter treats. Wasn't that an exciting topic. Do you feel like you know me so much better now?

What are your favorite Holiday treats?

4 comments:

Splitcat Chintzibobs said...

Cadbury creme eggs...as disgusting in theory as it is delicious in reality and best refrigerated.

Scott said...

Cadbury Mini Eggs. The ones in the purple bag.

When we were dating, my wife-to-be would buy me one of the big bags, and so would my mom. Now I have to buy my own. 'Tis sad.

Also, a ditto on Robin's Eggs and Cadbury Creme Eggs.

fiorinda said...

I only like the creme center of a cadbury egg. I usually only eat the half the chocolate, to get to the creme. mmmmmmmmm

Because I Said So said...

I agree about the Cadbury mini eggs. They are my new favorite. I ate 2 bags in 3 days last week.(not the giant bag, just the medium bags) It is sad that you can only buy them once a year.