Friday, April 14, 2006

Feeling Better

I'm finally feeling better. I'm still having some allergies and general pregnancy complaints, but nothing as bad as earlier this week. Yesterday was good because I got an autographed book in the mail. I'd been expecting the book, but not the autograph. I thought it was kind of fun. The only other book I have autographed is from Janet Fitch(White Oleander). She came to my college and I was invited to the dinner given in her honor as a representative of the English majors(one of the perks of also being the english department secretary). I was seated next to her at dinner and we were able to have some brief conversations between the President of the school's name dropping. I was so embarrassed for our school. She was a nice lady. So anyway, I'll be blogging about the book I received yesterday towards the end of the month as I've rejoined the christian fiction blogging alliance.

I'm looking forward to Easter. We are going to my parent's tomorrow, and splitcat's parents on Sunday. My mom is making chicken and stuff. Stuff is a white bbq sauce that comes from Big Bob Gibson's in Decatur, Alabama. I believe my great-grandmother obtained the recipe from Bob himself, and it has long been a family favorite. We ate at Big Bob Gibson's the last time I was in Alabama a few years ago. I like my mom's sauce better, and my uncle's is superb. mmm, I can't wait.

This Easter is a little hard for me. P. keeps asking me questions about the Easter Bunny. Where does he live, what color is he, how big is he, etc. I have talked to him about the real Easter story countless and innummerable times, but it stills seems out of his mental grasp. Last year he was so adamant that Jesus died on the Cross and that was the end of the story, I asked his teachers if they had taught the whole Easter story. Of course they had. But at the time he had little concept of death, so the idea of resurrection was even tougher. I guess I will just have to keep plugging away.

Speaking of P. splitcat turned on Star Wars Episode One earlier tonight for P. to watch. The next two hours he was in a totally euphoric Star Wars state. He likes Darth Maul's "olded" light sabers. And during the slow parts of the movie he replays the battles scenes with his own light sabers. He came upstairs and started to get ready for bed when it was over, and he seemed disappointed that it wasn't time for bed yet. But instead of going back downstairs to play, he went in his room and played Star Wars until I told him it was time for bed. I have to say, that going to bed at night is one of my few parental triumphs. There is rarely a deviation from the norm, partly because P. doesn't deal well with change, and partly because it's the one thing I have always been adamant about. E. resists on occasion, but if she's feeling well and didn't have a nap I don't usually have a problem with her. Last year we had them in bed at 6:30 every night, and they slept until 6 :30 or 7 the next morning. This year we've held steady at 7:30. At least they start at 7:30 and are usually in bed by 7:45. I hope we can keep it up next year. I'm tired just thinking about how tired I am going to be.

No comments: