Saturday, April 15, 2006

Let the Celebrating Begin

Our Easter celebrations began today at my parent's. The Easter Egg hunt was successful. At dinner, my father said a blessing, then P. wanted a turn. He began his standard blessing, then stopped and said, "I have a special prayer for Easter." He thought for a second, "Easter Bunny, please help us find all the eggs. Amen." Later, we had communion and my mother talked to all the kids about what Easter means.

The food was as good as I hoped. Along with the chicken we had twice baked potatoes, squash casserole, a corn casserole, deviled eggs, baked beans, and stuffed celery. And as a correction to yesterday's post, it was my grandfather and his friend that procured the "stuff" recipe many years ago.

So a good time was had by all. Now we just have tomorrow's festivities.

P-Easter1422a
E-Easter

No comments: