Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Crafty Fun times

So, a few months ago my dishwasher broke. It was not a good week. My cat had just died and P was having a really really hard time adjusting to middle school. I really didn't need my dishwasher to break. So I have been washing all the dishes since then and since I might be mildly horribly OCD when it comes to washing dishes by hand, I have gone through a lot of sponges. So I was chatting with my mom and looking through Ravelry and had the brilliant idea to make my own. So I did a quick search and found a few patterns and commenced to crochet.

I picked this pattern because it is double-sided, sponge shaped, and it worked up really fast once I got in the groove. I am going to try adding some tulle to one side of the next one I make to give it some "scrub" power. I am hoping to make between 5-7 of these to have on hand.  The one in the pics is wet because I have been using it. I just used cotton yarn.

   crochet sponge crochet sponge

No comments: