Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fun

We've had some exciting moments recently. Last night my mother was holding both babies while I finished up my dinner. I was just about finished when I heard a plea for help. She normally is fine with both, so I knew something was up. I came downstairs and as I approached I saw her problem. She had both boys upright on her chest. W. had decided to spit up, and he did so all over his brother's head and my mom and himself. I cleaned off M.'s head and took him, trying not to collapse from laughing. Then I hear a sweet little voice from the back of the room say, "Momma, I pooped in my pants." Then I laughed even harder. Fortunately splitcat was available to take M. while I cleaned up the girl. Then tonight it was time for both boys to eat and I hear a thudding from the big kids room. I hear P. talking to my mom and he has a nosebleed. He had one earlier in the evening, so I kind of expected it. But splitcat is at Open House, so I handed off the baby I was holding to my mom and took care of the nosebleed while she fed one baby while his brother dozed(also in her lap). Thankfully it stopped fairly quickly. But I think I've had enough of bodily fluids for the next few days. I try not to think about how I will handle these situations when I am alone. I know I will figure it out.

We went for our 2 week check up today, W. is now 6 lbs 1 oz, and M. is 7 lbs 14 ozs. They both are growing well and look good.

1 comment:

Valerie Comer said...

So glad you can find humor in that! God is good.