Friday, March 24, 2006

I Know It's Friday.....

because I am stuck at home without a car. Normally I wouldn't complain, but splitcat is staying late for a school play. I need to pack some clothes for him and P. because they are going away tomorrow. They re going to a nephew's 18th birthday party. It is a three hour drive, and I just don't think I could make it. I think the girl and I are going to spend the night with my parents.

We've had a pretty quiet day. I told P. he could play Spyro after lunch if he was good all morning. So he is quite happy now. I've been cleaning my room. In an effort to take it easy, I've been cleaning off my dresser and various side tables. I also spent awhile reorganizing my jewelry box. My children thought it was great fun and wanted to know where I got various pieces of jewelry. P. spotted my original wedding band and asked if it was my marriage ring. I was surprised because I have not worn it since before he was born. I hope to be able to wear it again one day. I can't wear my engagement ring or my new wedding band already. I've usually been able to wear my engagement ring through most of my pregnancy. It's weird because I have not gained that much weight. It's not as embarrassing to go ringless as it was when I was pregnant with P. I looked really young to be having a baby(ok, so some people do think 25 is too young) . My sister had her first at age 22 and got a lot of rude comments at her workplace for being young and supposedly single. It's really amazing the things people think they can say to you. Speaking of my sister, she got a new hard drive for her computer and will hopefully begin blogging again. Ok, a quick check reveals she has a short post up already.

Well, I guess I'd better get back to work. All the stuff that didn't belong on my dresser is now on my bed.

No comments: