Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday Miscellany

I had a nice quiet and relaxing weekend. Now I am working to maintain that calm. Sunday, E. and I went to church and then we all went to lunch to celebrate my niece's birthday. My sister decided she wanted to go to the mall and get a haircut, so all the girls went. I got my hair cut, too. I was seriously considering growing it out, but it was getting heavy and I realized it would just be in a ponytail all the time. So I had it cut really short. It's a fairly boyish cut, and also a little bit trendy. I don't usually do trendy, but when you're pregnant, anything you can do to make yourself feel better is a good thing. My sister went really short, too. It's kind of funny how much we look alike now that we are older. The last time we got our hair cut together, several people asked if we were twins. When we were younger we looked nothing like sisters. She was petite and blond, I was tall and dark. Since her hair has turned brown we definitely look more alike, but she is still petite and I am large. I'm assuming splitcat doesn't like my haircut, since it took him about three hours to comment on it, and even then it was only to ask me whyI got it cut. It is a wise husband who refrains from commenting on a haircut he doesn't like. It goes along with the "Am I fat?" question. Some questions are best left unanswered.

Splitcat and Son had a nice trip. P. was impressed that their hotel room had a t.v.

I can hear the children playing in their rooms. Their clean rooms. When E. went into her clean room she started dancing. She found a toy that played music and just danced and danced. P. ran in circles in his clean room. He likes his toybox from IKEA. It's really cute. (from all the noise I've been hearing upstairs as I type, I assume their rooms are no longer clean. But we are not going to bed tonight unless all their toys are cleaned up.)

I think that's why I am feeling more relaxed. I have more than one clean room in my house. But now I have to finish putting away all the laundry. It's never-ending.

P. gets registered for Kindergarten this week. I am emotionally torn about this. I will miss him, but I'll be glad he is gone. He needs the structure of a classroom. I just looked up the bus schedule. It comes at 7:08. School starts at 7:50 and is 2.4 miles from my home. The bus stop is three houses down from my house. We must be the beginning of the route. Hopefully splitcat wil be able to take him to the bus. I'm not sure I can with 2 newborns and a three yr old that early in the morning. I've always sworn I wouldn't join the carpool line unless my child was being bullied on the bus. It's always so annoying to get stuck in school traffic. I rode the bus for many many years.

I guess that is all for Monday Miscellany. It's time to get some work done.

No comments: