Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Long Awaited Boy Names Poll

So, okay, I've finally narrowed down my boy name favorites.

Ellis
Pierce
Zane

I'm having a more difficult time with middle names. Since the above names are slightly unusual I am thinking of going with a more basic middle name.

Michael
James
David
Edward

Any suggestions? I had personally picked out Ellis Kane, but splitcat said no way to Kane.
I like Ellis because it means the same thing as Elijah, but is not as popular as Elijah. Pierce is a form of Peter, and Zane is a form of John.

I still haven't narrowed down my girl name choices. But since I'm having an ultrasound on Tuesday, I want to have my name choices, in case the tech can see the gender.

It's been a long weekend. We've been doing laundry. Yesterday afternoon we spent some time outside, but it rained today. It would be lovely if the weather stayed so nice through June. But thunderstorm and tornado season is upon us.

Here is our lovely backyard

It's the best thing about our house. When we bought it, the grass in the back was waist high on the men. We didn't really know what the yard was going to look like. We were pleased with the results. All the way in the back of this picture is a nice level spot where we set up our badminton court in the summer. I will not be playing this summer. I love badminton.

I think I am rambling, but you have been spared the post about my cat. I'll save that for another time.

I guess it's been a pretty boring weekend. Even Chuckie Cheese on Friday night was quiet. We went early because we thought it would be crowded, but it wasn't. Every one had a nice time. Except E. when she was told she had to share her cake. She had her fork in hand and was about to help herself. She did not want to share. I got some cotton candy, which is all I really need to be happy. If I ever win the lottery I am going to purchase an Icee machine and a Cotton Candy machine. I manned a Cotton Candy machine on a boys retreat once, it was heaven. That was back when I still had long hair, and it was covered in blue cotton candy. Even my eyelashes had it on them. It was wonderful. I was afraid I'd over eat it and never want it again, but that didn't happen. I guess because it is one of those foods you get so rarely. Like Funnel Cake. mmm. I had a humongous funnel cake when we went to the mountains for our anniversary this year. We drove into Helen for dinner and wandered the streets(always an interesting experience in redneck tourism). I could not resist the call of the funnel cake, and since it was a special occasion, we got one. That was a nice trip. We had dinner on a deck overlooking the river, and got to watch people tubing by. It wasn't what you'd call a romantic dinner, it was more a bar than a restaurant, but it was really fun.

Well, I guess that is all for tonight. Hopefully this week will be as quiet as this weekend has been.

3 comments:

Because I Said So said...

What were you smoking when you wrote this?

Do you have any left?

fiorinda said...

It's a special proprietary blend of hormones only available to women pregnant with multiples. And being really, really, really tired and bored.

In technical terms, I employed the technique known as stream-of-consciousness, which you may or may not remember from your AP English Class. A perhaps frightening insight into the mind of your sister.

Because I Said So said...

Yes, I remember that from AP English. It is actually a technique I use quite frequently and I am not pregnant at all. Is it good or bad that I was able to completely follow your stream and thought you came to a very logical ending. Birthday Cake --cotton candy--dinner at a bar-- it all fits together perfectly.

I can only laugh because I comletely understand.